Looking for barn siding and recycled building materials?
At the bottom of the page are some old barns that need to be recycled. There is a lot of good used lumber in these old buildings.
Antique lumber that can be used for many different projects.
Most of these barns are in rough shape. They have become an eye sore and a safety hazard. These old barns make perfect candidates for an architectural salvage project.
Reclaimed lumber in many cases is better than new lumber you get from the lumber yard. It has been air dried over many years making it much more stable.
Using recycled building materials helps the environment. It is truly a green building material.
1. The old barn wood does not end up in land fills.
2. It saves trees from being cut for new lumber.
1. Good pictures! You can upload up to four pictures with your listing. Please take advantage of this feature. This will help wood salvage companies to determine if your old barn wood is right for them.
2. Size of the barn. For example 40x60.
3. Size of beams and boards. You don’t need to measure every board in your barn….unless you want to. But you need a good idea of the sizes of your beams. Are they mostly 8x8? Or 10x10?
Is the barn siding 1x10 planks? 3/4x 8 ship lap? Tongue and groove?
4. Is the siding painted? Or weathered gray?
5. Does your barn have hay lofts?
6. Are the beams rough sawn or hand hewn? ( hand hewn beams will have axe marks in them)
7. Does your barn have a shingled roof? Cedar shakes? Tin?
Please note: All submissions must have at least one picture, a minimum of 100 words describing the barn, and contact information in the body of the listing.
Feel free to list it here. Include as many details as you can.
Click below to see old barns that need to be salvaged.
ISO Barn Movers - Fout Family Farms in Central Indiana
Looking for a company in Central Indiana to take down a 60x30 barn and then reassemble on my property. It would be a 5mile move. Let me know if …
Old barn Elk Point SD Not rated yet
Hello I inherited my house from my Grandfather. This has been in my family 5 generations. My Grandpa always told me it was an old Mortuary from the cemetery …
120 yr. Old Red Heart Pine Barn - Mccurtain County, OK. Not rated yet
120 yr. Old Red Heart Pine Barn 30 x 30 x 30 2 story barn with full hay loft, 2 corn cribs, center breeze way opening to livery area Hand Hewn Beams …
16x26 barn with loft near Zanesville Ohio Not rated yet
We have an old barn (pre-1900), part of which was used as a grainary, for sale. It is pegged, has unfinished siding, a loft, hand hewn beams. The siding …
Old 40x60 Barn Circleville Ohio Not rated yet
The barn is all saw cut. Most of the beams are 10x10 with wood dowels. It has a hay loft and the floor is two layers thick and are 1x10. The floor joist …
114 Barn Beams for sale - Lowpoint, IL (price lowered) Not rated yet
I have 114 antique barn beams for sale, from two 1800's or older barns we disassembled about 30 years ago. There are 6 walnuts, most are white oak and …
100+ year old home - Madisonville, TN Not rated yet
This home is owned by the First United Methodist Church of Madisonville. It was used as a rental home for several years as it came with the purchase of …
57’ x 52’ late 1800’s barn Woodland,Ca Not rated yet
This late 1800’s barn has very nice weathered wood siding. Sizes of planks vary 6”x 15’10” x 15’. Roof support boards are 8”x 22’ Please call 530-662-1232 …
Your first paragraph ...