Looking for barn siding and recycled building materials?
At the bottom of the page are some old barns that need to be recycled. There is a lot of good used lumber in these old buildings.
Antique lumber that can be used for many different projects.
Most of these barns are in rough shape. They have become an eye sore and a safety hazard. These old barns make perfect candidates for an architectural salvage project.
Reclaimed lumber in many cases is better than new lumber you get from the lumber yard. It has been air dried over many years making it much more stable.
Using recycled building materials helps the environment. It is truly a green building material.
1. The old barn wood does not end up in land fills.
2. It saves trees from being cut for new lumber.
1. Good pictures! You can upload up to four pictures with your listing. Please take advantage of this feature. This will help wood salvage companies to determine if your old barn wood is right for them.
2. Size of the barn. For example 40x60.
3. Size of beams and boards. You don’t need to measure every board in your barn….unless you want to. But you need a good idea of the sizes of your beams. Are they mostly 8x8? Or 10x10?
Is the barn siding 1x10 planks? 3/4x 8 ship lap? Tongue and groove?
4. Is the siding painted? Or weathered gray?
5. Does your barn have hay lofts?
6. Are the beams rough sawn or hand hewn? ( hand hewn beams will have axe marks in them)
7. Does your barn have a shingled roof? Cedar shakes? Tin?
Please note: All submissions must have at least one picture, a minimum of 100 words describing the barn, and contact information in the body of the listing.
Feel free to list it here. Include as many details as you can.
Click below to see old barns that need to be salvaged.
Barn for Salvage - New Providence, Iowa Not rated yet
1923 Barn located in New Providence, Iowa. Visit the site below for information. https://jbek56.wixsite.com/mysite Email [email protected] for more …
200 Year Old Bank Barn - Northampton, PA Not rated yet
We have an old barn on our property, right near the street. I would love to fix it up, but just can't afford it. We would like to sell it to someone to …
Old barn Elk Point SD Not rated yet
Hello I inherited my house from my Grandfather. This has been in my family 5 generations. My Grandpa always told me it was an old Mortuary from the cemetery …
Your first paragraph ...