Tilton Barn Hamilton Ma
by john sheridan
Original photo of barn circa 1900
This barn was originally built around 1750 it was near the miles river and due to flooding it was moved to its present site around 1800.
It was built using timber from the farm and was built in the english tie beam style. This piece of property has been a farm for almost 300 years and this barn has always been in use.
The owner really wanted to see it saved so we did a major restoration in 2006 the barn is now ready to stand for another 200 years.
The original owner of the farm was named Tilton. He eventually moved To NH where the town Of Tilton was named after him.